I received MY own message from Brian today (finally). He arrived in Afghanistan on Dec 18th and I learned of this from his mom. It was the only number he could remember so he borrowed someone's cell phone and called her and then she emailed to notify me. Brian has been super super busy, which I knew would happen, but I couldn't help feeling hurt (especially when others have heard from their husbands a couple of times. I understand he is in a higher rank and has more to do, but I was jealous and wished that it could have been me). I wrote him an email and it took a few days, but he did write back. He said he may be able to call in the next 1-2 weeks once things settle down ... I am hoping he is able to do so on Christmas, but I can't get my hopes up. Its hard not to feel sad. I do my best not to think about it, but when there is down time or quiet moments (especially at night when laying down for bed) my mind tends to wonder and that is when I miss him the most.
Anyhow - he and the rest of the 158th are now in Kandahar getting situated. I will update on his deployment as I learn more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad you finally heard from him! I know that is stressful to not know what is going on!
ReplyDelete